Confidence you can see. Braces you can’t.
Braces that match your style
Making the decision to get braces isn’t always easy – and understanding your options is the first step. If you are looking for an aesthetic option that will provide the least amount of disruption to your lifestyle, you’ve come to the right place! From Personalized Color-Matching Technology® – that makes our ceramic braces match virtually any tooth color1 – to Enamel Protection2, cosmetic braces are the smart way to get the results you want and a smile you’ll be proud of. Confidence never looked so good!
Braces vs. Aligners
After you’ve made the decision to improve your smile, there is important information to consider when choosing the treatment method that works best for you. If you are considering aligners or “clear” braces, you may find this comparison helpful.*
New technology has resulted in “clear” braces that are barely noticeable and aren’t obvious in photos
Are barely noticeable and can be removed for special occasions or photos, but will require quite a bit of “maintenance” on your part
Always active – they constantly and gently move your teeth towards the desired position
Work intermittently – the force on your teeth is strongest at the beginning of each tray change which can be uncomfortable
No need to worry about taking them in and out throughout the day since they are bonded directly to your teeth
Can be removed (and must be removed even to snack or drink anything but water), but typically must be worn 22-23 hours per day or more
Treatment with bonded braces is more predictable3 – and may treat complex cases in less time than aligners4
You may still have attachments bonded directly to your teeth – and may even need to use elastics as you would with braces6
Braces are more effective in improving your occlusion5 and create a healthy “bite” as a matter of the course of treatment
Aligners have limitations with correcting your occlusion or “bite”3,7 and depending on your case or tooth movement desired you may require an additional set of trays or other treatment
Orthodontic treatment with braces is always directed by a doctor that you see in-person; any problems can be identified and quickly corrected – making sure you stay on track to achieve a great smile
“At home” aligner treatment has many limitations and should be carefully considered only after discussing with your dentist or orthodontist; get more information here.
And, there’s no need to hide your braces! An investment in a healthy smile is always in style – you can even have fun by adding different color ligatures to your braces at each dental appointment
* Only your doctor can recommend the best treatment plan for your particular case and desired outcome. This information is provided for you to make an informed decision regarding the potential day-to-day experience with the treatment methods presented. It is not intended to be medical advice.
- Lopes-Filho, et al Influence of optical properties of esthetic brackets (color, translucence, and fluorescence) on visual perception; Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2012;141:460-7
- Hüdanur Yilmaz (née Huda Abulkbash) and Selma Elekdag-Türk Clinical performance of uncoated and precoated polymer mesh base ceramic brackets; Progress in Orthodontics (2019) 20:4
- Galan-Lopez et al A systematic review of the accuracy and efficiency of dental movements with Invisalign®; Korean J Orthod 2019;49(3):140-149
- Aikaterini Papadimitriou, et al Clinical effectiveness of Invisalign® orthodontic treatment: a systematic review; Progress in Orthodontics (2018) 19:37
- Ricardo Moresca Orthodontic treatment time: can it be shortened? Dental Press J Orthod. 2018 Nov-Dec;23(6):90-105
- Rossini et al. Efficacy of clear aligners in controlling orthodontic tooth movement: A systematic review; Angle Orthodontist, Vol 85, No 5, 2015.
- Buschang et al Predicted and actual end-of-treatment occlusion produced with aligner therapy; Angle Orthodontist Vol 85, No 5, 2015
Follow us: @cosmeticbraces
Find an orthodontist
For more information or to find an orthodontist, fill out the form and we will be in touch soon.